KICKER Powersports revs up with its new 4-Ohm edition of PS5250 5-1/4-inch Coaxial Speakers, a pair of weather-proof drivers specifically created as fairing drop-ins on motorcycles, or with ATV, UTV, marine, or outdoor systems. PS Coaxial Speakers flaunt high-efficiency, super light weight for proper bike handling, and extreme power – perfect for those who push it a little harder.
The KICKER PS5250 speaker system is designed to withstand the brutal rigors of the elements and handle anything Mother Nature is capable of dishing out. The highest-grade, weather-resistant materials and adhesives were used throughout the design process to create a speaker system for the long haul.
The PS5250 employs a sophisticated, rare-earth neodymium magnet structure. Pound for pound, the neodymium structure is 10-times more powerful as a standard ceramic magnet, allowing high output with extremely low weight. This high magnetic strength and low weight deliver superb transient response and high vocal articulation for the utmost in tonal clarity.
Its advanced midrange and tweeter motor technology has been highly refined using the latest available CAD and FEA computer software. PS5250s utilize extremely light-weight, copper-clad aluminum voice coils for increased efficiency and louder volume even when combined with a stock head unit. The mids’ powerful motors also incorporate a finned aluminum heat sink to efficiently pull heat away, increasing long-term power handling. PS5250 woofer cones are built with durable, lightweight polypropylene materials attached to specially designed inverted surrounds, providing the most cone excursion in a compact package.
The incredibly detailed, high-power, 20mm tweeters are bridge-mounted to suspend them over the center of the midbass cones. In effect, the acoustically invisible bridge stands up to extreme vibration encountered in the motorcycle/ATV environment. It all helps to provide high-efficiency in a tweeter that reveals musical detail and clarity at volume levels that can be heard over the roar of the road while wearing a helmet.
A coaxial system with larger, conventional ceramic magnet assemblies adds weight high on the bike, raising the bike’s center of gravity and potentially causing a negative handling effect. PS5250 speakers weigh an amazing 12 ounces each, which will not affect handling.
PS5250 coaxial speakers are now available in 4-Ohm resistance to be compatible with 1998-2005 Harley-Davidson® and all Victory® OEM head units. They also come in 2-Ohm resistance to be compatible with 2006-and-later Harley-Davidson OEM head units, or conventional amplifiers that are 2-Ohm stable per channel.
They include specific replacement grilles for Harley-Davidson’s “Bat-wing” fairing.
Harley-Davidson is a registered trademark of Harley-Davidson Inc.
|Woofer (in, cm)||5.25 (13.3)|
|Tweeter (in, mm)||3/4 (20)|
|Impedance (Ohms)||2 & 4|
|Weight (oz, g)||12.6 (358)|
|Max Rec Amp Power (watts PEAK/RMS)||100/50|
|Sensitivity (dB 1w/1m)||88.3|
|Frequency Response (Hz)||60 - 20,000|
|Mounting Hole Diameter (in, cm)||4 7/8 (12.4)|
|Mounting Depth (in, cm)||2 3/16 (5.6)|
|Grilles||Yes - Fits Harley Bat Wing fairing. All other fairings must use factory grille.|
- Weather-proof, high-efficiency coaxials specifically created as fairing drop-ins on motorcycles
- Also used with ATV, UTV, marine, or outdoor systems
- Available in 2-Ohm resistance for compatibility with 2006-newer Harley-Davidson® OEM head units
- Extremely powerful to be heard over the roar of the road while wearing a helmet
- Midbass’ neodymium magnet structure provides high output at low weight
- Incredibly detailed, high-power, 20mm neo-titanium-dome tweeters
- Bridge-mounted tweeters suspended over the midbass cone to limit extreme vibration
- At a mere 12 ounces per speaker, a bike’s center of gravity remains low for proper handling
- Weather-proof materials designed to withstand the outdoor elements
- Includes specific replacement grilles for Harley-Davidson’s “Bat-wing” fairing
- New 4-Ohm model for Victory bikes and early-model Harley-Davidsons